Thursday, November 20, 2014

Guest Blogger: Nikki writes about following your dreams

I'm Nikki Dale, owner of Bedhead Designs. I make custom upholstered headboards and ruffle pillows. I sell them in my Etsy shop, Bedhead Designs and locally. I have a husband, 4 children, and a small farmstead in a rural farming community in Western Idaho.I home school my kids and am active in my church and community.

Recently, my Lavender Ruffle Pillow was featured in Redbook Magazine. That was a real thrill!! Follow me on Instagram and Facebook. Check out my little blog,www.bedheaddesigns.blogspot.com , where I share recipes, simple DIY projects, and my passion of helping our children become responsible, moral, patriotic citizens of our great country!



Follow your dreams. 
This is a nice saying, but it has been my experience that there really isn’t much success in the ‘following’ of dreams.  It is more of a ‘chase them down and wrangle them into what I want them to be’ kind of scenario!  Haha!  Today, I will give you some tips to help you stay focused on making your dream come true.


Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you something great will come of it.  I love this saying.  Once you dream a dream (and you know it’s a viable dream), how do you start to make it a reality? The first thing you do is JUST JUMP!!  And you must jump in with both feet!  Put your whole heart into it. If YOU don’t believe in it, then who else will? This goes for anything new you try in life—it takes a massive leap of faith.
 

Speak it into existence.  I am really into affirmations.  Write down your goals in a place you can see them and then say them out loud daily to help you keep your focus.  (any Stuart Smalley fans out there?!)  If you can keep your head in the right space, you will be more successful.  Share your dream with your family and close friends.  They will be excited to hear about the progress you are making.  Sharing with them gets you talking, and excitement will flow.  This will keep you going in the rough or slow times.  It also makes you accountable!  People will start asking you how it’s going when they call or see you.  If you are doing nothing to make your dream a reality, that will be a very boring report.  Tell them the nitty gritty. Maybe things are hard, share that.  Tell them your successes, too.  Your loved ones are your biggest fans and best cheerleaders. 


I’m going to succeed because I’m crazy enough to think I can.  You will need to keep a positive attitude while you are building your dream.  It can get really frustrating doing something new!  There will be days you want to quit. There will be days you know you must quit!! But, hold on.  It seems that just when you think it’s time to throw in the towel, that’s when there is a breakthrough.  Keep thinking good thoughts.  If you think you can do it, then you can!
  
Lastly, please remember that the end result will most likely be great from all the hard work you put into your dream.  But, the journey getting to your goal is just as important. You learn so much from the struggle of making your dreams happen.  Success shouldn’t be an end result.  I think it should be the theme of your life, in general.  You succeed when you stretch yourself and get out of your comfort zone and learn a little something (or a ton!) along the way.  I know in my endeavors, I am learning all the time.  Life is all about trying new things.  It’s about getting messy and wondering if you are going to make it. It’s about the heartache and the lessons learned when you don’t.  And it’s all about the joy and satisfaction of accomplishment, even if what you accomplished doesn’t look anything like what you originally set out to do.  In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take. 



You can follow Nikki on Facebook or check out her Bedhead Designs on Etsy!


Visit my Guest Blogger Page to get to know all my blogging friends!

Happy Running!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment