Friday, March 13, 2015

Food Friday Recipe: Sourdough pancakes with huckleberries


 
It's Food Friday and I am sharing this recipe for Sourdough Pancakes with Huckleberries.  I realize not everyone has a sourdough starter and fewer still may have huckleberries on hand. I can help you with the sourdough (see link below), but you will have to find your own huckleberries.  Hunt for them in July.  In the meantime, you can substitute blueberries in your sourdough pancakes.  Enjoy!

Sourdough Pancakes with Huckleberries

Remove 1 1/2 C sourdough starter from fridge 30 minutes before preparing this recipe.

1 C flour
3 T sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 C sourdough
1/2 C milk
1 egg (slightly beaten)3 T vegetable oil
Huckleberries or blueberries as desired.

Preheat griddle to 375 degrees.  Combine dry ingredients and set aside.  Mix together beaten egg, oil, and milk.  Combine wet and dry ingredients and add the 1 1/2 cup sourdough.  Mix well.

Pour 1/3 - 1/2 cup pancake batter onto hot griddle. Sprinkle berries on wet batter while cooking. (See photo) When the berries sink and pancake is bubbly - flip and continue cooking until done.

 
Serve with your choice of syrup.  (I like to heat light corn syrup and a few berries to make my own huckleberry syrup.) Yum!

Find instructions to make your own Sourdough Starter HERE.

Find more of my favorite recipes HERE.

Question: Do you have a recipe to share?  Comment below.


Happy Running!

2 comments:

  1. I have sour dough starter but I make cinnamon roll or dinner rolls. Never tried pancakes. Maybe Saturday would be a good day to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.blog.kybunnies.com/easter-and-bunnies/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KyBunnies,
      Thanks for stopping by! I have a great recipe for focaccia bread, as well. You can find it on my Recipes page. It's not mine - I simply shared it because it is TO DIE FOR!
      Have a great week!

      Delete