Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tuesdays Training Tip: Read something inspiring


That’s right, I said READ something inspiring.  I’m not talking about a fortune cookie, or a subway print found on Pinterest, or even this blog – although I am grateful you are here!  I’m talking about reading a book that inspires you and leaves you wanting to do and be more.
My daughter sent me a text to tell me her six year-old can read Green Eggs and Ham.  It’s one of my favorites, 1) because it is challenging and entertaining to read aloud, and 2) its message is to try new things.  I love to read it to my grandchildren and now they can begin to read it to me.

I once read “Mary Kay” by Mary Kay Ash, the founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics. It left me feeling encouraged and capable.

The Hobbit brought my nightmares to life and taught me that everyone has talents and purpose. I haven’t read it as many times as I’ve read Green Eggs and Ham or my favorite book of scripture, but it’s a repeated read.

I am currently reading Running the Edge loaned to me be a cousin of one of the authors.  I’m learning some things about running that I did not know.
Why read as part of a training plan? 

Reading something that inspires, uplifts, or encourages doing ones best helps her stay on the path both mentally and physically. Sometimes we need a mental or emotional boost to keep doing things that are hard, and running is hard, but it’s worth it!

Question: Have you read a book that truly inspired you?

Tune in every Tuesday for more training tips and visit my Training Tips page to find all the tips you may have missed.
Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment