Monday, March 2, 2015

I Want Further Instructions


 
Some challenges seem greater than our ability to accomplish them.  The note above reads, “Please leave me a fraction of a mm of space between loop and opposing tooth.” A fraction of a millimeter!  What kind of measurement is that? Fractions come in many shapes and sizes – ¼, ½, ¾, 8/10, and 6/3!  Although I understood what the doctor was requesting, I was also frustrated that his instructions were ambiguous. I tend to do that a lot – get frustrated!
Most often my frustrations arise when I feel that I don’t have enough information to make a sure decision.  If only I had more facts, I could make a better choice. If I could just see the finish line … I could get through the challenge! Alas, that is not the way this life works. We are given challenges to help us grow. We are not given all the answers. This allows us to exercise faith.  We make decisions based on the best information we can gather, we listen to promptings from the Spirit, and then we move forward with hope that the decision was wise. 

It’s the first Monday in March.  My husband embarked on a new career today and I can’t see the finish line! I don’t have all the facts, but I have enough information to have faith that we’ve made the best decision we could.  We are moving forward.  I’m learning new things like “How to pack a lunch” and “Set the Wi-Fi on the new iPhone to ON!”

I suppose when we stop learning we stop growing. I’ve often said that change is good because it presents an opportunity for growth. I think that’s great advice to give others! And yet, I hope not to experience too much growth at any one time. 
I don’t have all the answers, but I keep moving forward with hope and gratitude. 
 
Question: What challenges have you experienced that have caused you to grow?  I would love to hear about them in the comments below!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment