Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday's Training Tip: Stay hydrated

How much water is enough?
There is much information available about hydration and exercise.  Some of it is helpful and some is very confusing.  What we do know is that you need to drink ENOUGH water.  There isn't a One-Size-Fits-All measurement.  I know that if I am hydrated I can do a six-mile run without stopping for water. However, if I don't re-hydrate post-run, I will have more cramping and muscle soreness later.
  
Thirst is a good indicator, but it may take some time to learn how much water YOU need and when it is most beneficial for you.  In the meantime, visit this article at Runners World to learn more about the Myths and Truths of hydration.
And just for fun, you might like to try this Hydration Calculator to get a better handle on how much water you need.

Tune in every Tuesday for more training tips and visit my Training Tips page to find all the tips you may have missed.

Question: Do you have a training tip you would like to share?

Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus! 
Happy Running! 
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment