Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grandparenting.

The cookie recipes are a bonus!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Guest Blogger: The Grandkids sound off

Lots of sprinkles!
 
Guest Blogger Thursday is a little different this week.  I've been hanging with the Grandkids this week and they've been sharing some of their wise words with me.  I'm sharing a few of them with you.
  • Three year-olds know how to use words like actually and accidentally as in, "I accidentally dropped my banana on the floor, actually."
  • Six year-olds can sound out words like "dripping" and "brilliant," but when the waitress asks their age they have to use sign language and two hands.
  • The Rainbow Bridge in Niagara is a bridge to everywhere because we are always going over "the Rainbow Bridge!"
  • "Pink is my favorite color, actually."
  • It's okay to save a loose tooth for Grandma to pull.
  • While baking sugar cookies (the recipe will be up on tomorrow's blog), "Make more princess dresses.  Princess dresses are my favorite, actually."
  • The favorite thing at Niagara Falls was "throwing ice into the river" and "the walking." The latter from the one that rode in the stroller most of the day.
  • "On Top of Spaghetti" is our favorite new bedtime song and we know most of the words, actually.
  • "Grandma, did you bring your 'puter? Can we play a game on your 'puter? It's been a minute, Grandma."
  • "I'm Anna and she's Elsa, actually."
  • "Please." Thank you." "I love you, too."
I should have been making a list, actually, because I can't remember all of the fun things they taught me, but I do know this ... being a Grandma is the best job in the world!

Question: What is your favorite role?  Grandparent? Coach? Spouse? Friend?

If you would like to be a Guest Blogger, leave a comment or email me at cmgwrites@msn.com and we will discuss the details.

Visit my Guest Blogger page to meet more of my blogging friends!

Happy Running!