Thursday, January 29, 2015

Guest Blogger: The Grandkids sound off

Lots of sprinkles!
 
Guest Blogger Thursday is a little different this week.  I've been hanging with the Grandkids this week and they've been sharing some of their wise words with me.  I'm sharing a few of them with you.
  • Three year-olds know how to use words like actually and accidentally as in, "I accidentally dropped my banana on the floor, actually."
  • Six year-olds can sound out words like "dripping" and "brilliant," but when the waitress asks their age they have to use sign language and two hands.
  • The Rainbow Bridge in Niagara is a bridge to everywhere because we are always going over "the Rainbow Bridge!"
  • "Pink is my favorite color, actually."
  • It's okay to save a loose tooth for Grandma to pull.
  • While baking sugar cookies (the recipe will be up on tomorrow's blog), "Make more princess dresses.  Princess dresses are my favorite, actually."
  • The favorite thing at Niagara Falls was "throwing ice into the river" and "the walking." The latter from the one that rode in the stroller most of the day.
  • "On Top of Spaghetti" is our favorite new bedtime song and we know most of the words, actually.
  • "Grandma, did you bring your 'puter? Can we play a game on your 'puter? It's been a minute, Grandma."
  • "I'm Anna and she's Elsa, actually."
  • "Please." Thank you." "I love you, too."
I should have been making a list, actually, because I can't remember all of the fun things they taught me, but I do know this ... being a Grandma is the best job in the world!

Question: What is your favorite role?  Grandparent? Coach? Spouse? Friend?

If you would like to be a Guest Blogger, leave a comment or email me at cmgwrites@msn.com and we will discuss the details.

Visit my Guest Blogger page to meet more of my blogging friends!

Happy Running!




1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this! My kids said actually and appropriate (apwopwiate) at a young age. It amazed my mother-in-law! (I didn't know some kids didn't talk like that cuz I'm only around my own. Haha.) Kids say the cutest things. And often very wise. Thanks for sharing your darlings with us.

    ReplyDelete