Wednesday, December 17, 2014

An excerpt from The Hard Run: Painful Lessons from a Running Granny

 
I'm getting closer to the publication of The Hard Run: Painful Lessons from a Running Granny.  Soon you will be able to read the entire manuscript.  Until then, here are a few lines to tempt you!

When Pain Means DON’T STOP!

I have heard people say, “It hurts my knees when I run, or walk, or climb stairs,” and “I tried to exercise once, but I was just too sore afterwards.” How about this one? “I started working out once, but my lungs burned and it made me sweat and I don’t like to sweat, so I quit.” 
Well, my friends, this life was never meant to be pain free. Some of life’s greatest lessons are learned through discomfort and adversity. It is, however, a common misconception of our day that the onset of pain of any kind constitutes an emergency – one that must be stopped without delay! While it is true that sometimes pain is an alarm signal that should be heeded with a change in behavior or circumstances (See Section One, When Pain Means STOP!), it is very often something that should be endured. In fact, while collecting information for this book, I discovered that pain is more often a friend than foe.

You can read the rest of this lesson in The Hard Run: Painful Lessons from a Running Granny, due for release in January 2015.  Order it now at an introductory price in my Etsy shop.
 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment