Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grandparenting.

The cookie recipes are a bonus!

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tuesday's Training Tip: Time to Commit


So, you’ve conquered your pride, your fear, and your worries over what to wear.  Maybe you found a buddy to run with you or you put together an awesome playlist.  You’ve logged a few miles, but the weather keeps you indoors some days, or your busy schedule prevents a run on others.  You might even be a little sore from time to time. How are you going to stay committed to this new adventure we call running?

Register for a race!  “Oh, but I’ve just begun and I am not fast enough to run a race.  I don’t think I can run 3.1 miles.” I’ve got some news for you …

·         Nobody cares if you are not fast. They are just glad you are participating.  Runners are cool like that – they want everyone to share in the fun.
·         (Secret) Most races are “Fun Runs.”  You can walk if you need!
·         Paid registration will keep you committed and keep you running on a regular basis.
·         That little worry you have about not being fast enough? It will motivate you to push yourself.
 
So commit to a fun run or other fitness challenge like a triathlon and run on!  You are going to be glad you did.
 
Learn about some of my Favorite Races.
 
Visit this page every Tuesday for more training tips! I would love to hear from you. Comment below or message me on Facebook.
Happy Running!