Thursday, April 28, 2016

Running to Increase Physical Endurance


Running increases physical endurance. This increased endurance will benefit many aspects of your life by improving your ability to maintain activity and delay fatigue. Running may prove so enjoyable to some that it is motivation enough. However, many of us need more reasons to run than the satisfaction we feel during the run. I know I do! Whether you need to improve your endurance for everyday activities or a back packing trip with your family, running can help. Think of your favorite pastimes. From water-skiing and snow skiing to baking with the grandkids and hiking a mountain trail, your favorite hobbies will benefit from regular running. Fatigue is an enemy to us all. It can stop our fun or stop us in our tracks. Increased physical endurance gained through running will manifest itself in your ability to walk farther, play longer, and enjoy everyday activities more fully.

Benefits of Increased Physical Endurance in Daily Life

Housework? Yard work? Shopping? Laundry? Do you experience fatigue or exhaustion after a full day of any of these activities? Would they be more enjoyable if you did not feel worn out when completed? Would the anticipation of a full day of physical work be better received If it did not hold promise of the need for recovery?

Regular running, or any other sustained physical exertion, will result in an increase of stamina and physical endurance making everyday activities more achievable and more enjoyable. I have watched peers struggle to rise from a sofa and avoid a stroll through the park because they did not have the strength nor the stamina to perform the tasks.

Begin running now to increase your ability to enjoy daily life.

Benefits or Increased Physical Endurance in Leisure Pursuits

Think of your favorite pastimes. From water-skiing and snow skiing to baking with the grandkids and hiking a mountain trail, your favorite hobbies will benefit from regular running. The increased physical endurance will be most evident when engaging in physically taxing activities. I've experienced it myself and I've had reports from others who noticed improved strength and stamina, not during a run or workout, but while carving large S shapes in the water behind a ski boat or hiking with their family.

Whatever your favorite pastimes, they will benefit from increased physical endurance.
Running to Increase Physical Endurance on the Ski Hill

Benefits of Increased Physical Endurance for Longevity

Why do we stop doing things we love as we age? Do they become too difficult? Do they require more energy than we feel we can expend? Is it simply a mind set?

What if I said you don't have to stop doing what you love - at least not as soon as you might think? What if those things did not have to become too difficult and you could have enough energy to continue. What if it isn't just a mind set?

I'm not pitching a miracle diet or pill. What I am suggesting is that if you do something difficult on purpose, such as running regularly, you can enjoy life a little longer? Why is this important to me? I intend to be an octogenarian. I come from a long line of octogenarians. It's in my genes. I also have stroke, Type II Diabetes, and heart disease as hereditary risk factors. The way I see it, if I am going to be eighty-something, or even ninety-something I would like to keep my faculties as long as I can. And so ... I run.

What better motivation than to know you are doing something that may prolong your life and make it more enjoyable along the way? I'm a granny and its the best job I've ever had! I want to enjoy it for many years to come! And so ... I run.

Why do you run? Please share your motivation tips in the comments below.

Happy Running!
- Carol aka Running Granny Green
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment