Friday, June 8, 2012

It's a Rest Day

It's my day off.  I am not running today because it is a XT/Rest day on the training schedule.  That means I usually rest rather than cross train.  After all, I wouldn't want to overdo!  Oh, and there is a race tomorrow!
While on a long run recently a friend asked me what I did for cross training.
"Bake cookies," I replied between gasps for air.  It's not a lie, I do bake cookies on a regular basis.  I try to be a responsible baker and add whole wheat, oatmeal, and dried cranberries.  Like this. 
Today my XT/Rest will consist of mowing a patch of grass, hanging out laundry, and baking.  Not cookies today.  Cinnamon rolls.  They are to give away.  I baked the cookies a couple days ago.
I will also be carbo loading for the race with – you guessed it – cookies! I hope I don’t overdo …

What do you do for a rest day!  I would like to hear about it!  Comment below.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment