Friday, February 12, 2016

Food Friday: Slow Cooker Crème Brûlée with Huckleberries


I found a recipe for slow cooker Crème Brûlée from Dessert For Two and decided to give it a try. I had never made Crème Brûlée before. In fact, I was only introduced to this richly decadent dessert a few years ago. My husband LOVES it, so when I stumbled upon this recipe I had to give it a try! The huckleberries, of course, were my own addition.

The recipe was surprisingly easy!  I whisked it together and let it cook for 2.5 hours in the crock pot. After it chilled for several hours I grabbed my handy dandy torch that I use in my dental lab and caramelized the sugar. I felt rather chef-like! Follow the easy instructions and you can’t go wrong!


Huckleberry Garnish
3 Tbs frozen huckleberries (If you aren’t fortunate enough to have these, substitute blueberries or blackberries)
3 Tbs white sugar
Cook in saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved and berries are sweetened. Spoon over Crème Brûlée.

Thanks to Dessert For Two for this easy and elegant dessert recipe. I’m now following you!
Find more of my favorite recipes HERE.

Happy Running!
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment