Thursday, December 24, 2015

Guest Blogger: The Christmas Tree writes about magnifying your talents



I’m happy to be writing this guest post today for Carol.  After all, it’s my season to shine! I stay tucked away in storage for eleven months, but when December rolls around I get to exercise my talents to their fullest.  I have only a few, but that doesn’t stop me from making an impact on the lives of those around me. I try to do my best and so should you.
Let’s look at what I do well …
Patience. I await my season with grace.  I don’t make a commotion when the Shamrock gets his turn. I let him be the star of his show. He has a rough go of it as he has to share it with the Leprechaun!
Supportive. The Christmas Lights and Ornaments attract all the attention, but without me to hold them up they would lie in a heap of confusion on the floor. As I support them, I become more beautiful!
Loyal. I keep confidences. When the mother of the house has a meltdown for taking on too many projects I listen and hold my tongue.  I don’t even tell on the children when they snoop in the packages beneath my boughs.
Fulfilled. When my turn is over I quietly snuggle back into storage until the next December. I know it is unattractive to stay longer than I am welcome!
Humble? Maybe not so much … but I am working on it!
I’d like to check in next year to see how well you have magnified your talents.  I’ll be working on humility. How about you?
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a fulfilling New Year.
The Tree

Visit my Guest Blogger page to get to know all my blogging friends.


Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus!
Happy Running!
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

1 comment:

  1. I like this! And I like the new look. Well done.

    ReplyDelete