Friday, December 11, 2015

Food Friday: No Fail Breakfast Casserole


It’s Food Friday and I am sharing this recipe for breakfast casserole because it is easy to make and difficult to ruin! It’s perfect when you need to feed a breakfast crowd. Pair it with my Sourdough Pancakes with Huckleberries and you’ll be everyone’s favorite breakfast cook! I made it recently for a birthday brunch. I’ll tell you more about the substitutions below!

 No Fail Breakfast Casserole

32 oz. Hash browns, thawed (Or make your own)
½ C Butter
2 C each shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese
1 Can Evaporated Milk
6 Eggs, beaten
2 C Cooked Sausage

Bake Potatoes with butter in a 9x13 pan for 25 minutes @ 425◦. Layer the sausage and cheese over top. Combine eggs and milk, pour over top, and bake for 30 minutes more at 350◦.

Easy!

Let me tell you how I tried to mess it up …

I had a supply of potatoes on hand, so I baked 4-5 and let them cool. I grated them to make my own hash browns.

The cheese on hand was mostly cheddar, but I had about a cup of mozzarella and a little bit of grated Italian blend, so I combined all of those to make a total of 4 cups of cheese.

Guess who didn’t have any evaporated milk?  That’s right, me! I used one cup of skim milk and hoped it would all work out.

Lastly, I forgot to turn the oven down to 350◦! Fortunately, I caught it before I had cremated the whole casserole! This proved a blessing as I was running late for a birthday brunch.

I received rave reviews all around for the yummy breakfast casserole and I proved that it is a no fail recipe!

Find more of my favorite recipes HERE.

Question: Do you have a recipe to share?  Comment below.


Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus!


Happy Running!
- Carol aka Running Granny Green
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment