Wednesday, December 16, 2015

10 Things I Love About Christmas


I'm feeling reflective today, so I thought I would share 10 things I love about Christmas! They aren't the only things, but they are definitely some of my favorites.

1 - All things sparkly.
Lights, fancy Christmas dresses, Christmas ornaments, and children’s excited eyes!
2 - Red
It's my favorite color! Candy canes, tree skirts, ornaments and bows! Red noses, too!

3 - Christmas music
Traditional carols and country songs, too. O Holy Night and I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas are at the top of the list.
4 - The Nativity as portrayed by small children
Little Mary is always so excited for her role. Joseph is serious and proud. Tiny angels and five year-old wise men! Love them!

5 - Christmas movies
White Christmas. The Grinch. Charlie Brown. Rudolph.

6 - Shiny wrapping paper
This might qualify as All Things Sparkly. I love the way the tree lights reflect on the shiny packages.
7 - Holiday Fun Runs

Who doesn’t love a group of fast and not so fast folks bundled up to enjoy the cold and company only a fun run can provide and only runners can understand?
8 - Giving the perfect gift

It doesn’t happen every year, but once in a while I get it right! That’s way more fun than receiving the perfect gift!

9 - An excuse to bake all my favorite goodies for all my favorite people
Like I need an excuse!

10 - Remembering the Reason for the Season
Jesus Christ came to save us from ourselves. He overcame the world so that we, too, can have eternal life. There is no greater gift.


What are some of your favorite things about the Christmas Season? Do you take time to remember Him?
Merry Christmas and ...

 Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus!
Happy Running!
- Carol aka Running Granny Green
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing my kids get into the Spirit of Christmas and how they have come to love our traditions. You often don't know what they think of things! It was fun to see that this year.

    ReplyDelete