Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I Don't Love Running: Explaining the Shirt


"I Don't Love Running" Shirt
What does someone who calls herself Running Granny Green think she is doing by offering a shirt that reads, “I Don’t Love Running …?”  The answer?  I am being honest. I don’t ALWAYS love running – at least not every step. However, as the back of the shirt reads, “Running Loves Me,” I have discovered that running has done some very positive things for me. I don’t run because it is easy, I run because it is good.
  • Running has lowered my blood pressure. It wasn’t ever high, but for someone with several strokes in her family health history, this is a very good thing.
  • Running has broadened my social circle. Let’s face it, just because I developed a new interest doesn’t mean my loved ones wanted to join me. I have made new friends as I have collected running buddies.
  • Running gives me an excuse to buy new shoes.
  • Running helps me keep my weight under control thus evading age onset Diabetes – another family health issue.
  • Running has introduced me to new adventures like the Grand Teton Relay and Burley Spudman Triathlon.
  • Running gives me positive writing material and writing is something I do LOVE!
The shirt sums it up.  I’m not out there running because I get a runner’s high – I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced that – or because it’s easy or I’m really fast. I’m running because it’s good for me. It could be good for you, too. You don’t have to love running, but you might have to give it a try. If I can do it, you can do it! I don’t love running, running loves me!

Question: What difficult things do you do because they are good for you?

Happy Running!

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment