Thursday, December 28, 2017

Firsts of 2017

My amazing relay team!
It’s time once again to review my year and see what things I have experienced for the first time during the last twelve months. I’m a believer in lifelong learning. A look back helps me evaluate how I am doing in this lifelong quest. Here are a few of the things I learned from in 2017. Some were purposeful and one was a matter of survival!

  • Spied my first snowshoe hare in Wyoming and drove over Cheyenne Pass in a blizzard!
  • Discovered good Mexican food east of the Rockies in Stuart, Iowa.
  • First Power Point presentation at the ICAN Spring Writers' Conference.
  • Participated in my first Vale Fourth of July 5K. I'm going back.
  • First Spokane to Sandpoint Relay.
  • I splurged on my first gel manicure and I love it!
  • Visited the California Redwoods for the first time! Wow!
  • Saw a cranberry bog for the first time.
  • I endured the Winter of 2017 complete with the crashing down of my patio cover at midnight! I also shoveled snow off my roof and did finish work on my new patio pergola as a result of Winter of 2017.


Tell me about your year. What did you do or learn how to do for the first time?



Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus!


Happy Running!
- Carol aka Running Granny Green
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment