Thursday, December 29, 2016

Firsts of 2016


Perplexus Rookie
It’s time once again to review my year and see what things I have experienced for the first time during the last twelve months. I’m a believer in lifelong learning. A look back helps me evaluate how I am doing in this lifelong quest. Here are a few of the things I experienced for the first time in 2016.

  • Brooks Ghost
    I owned my first pair of Brooks running shoes. I think I’m hooked!
  • First visit to Detroit, Michigan. With that came my first road trip through the Midwest, first ice cream cone at Great America, and my first Michigan Left. (The latter was a hair-raising experience!)
  •  I went on my first run Down Upper Targhee during Grand Teton Relay 2016 and sustained only one black toenail!
  • I had my first paid cross country coaching gig. I’ve been volunteering for years. The pay was a nice perk!
  • Part of my team!
    Ran into a stranger while he was reading one of my books in the Costco food court!
  • First Christmas Day without my youngest child. He was caught in a snowstorm and couldn’t make it home. We missed him!
  • I also published with Power Point for the first time (sometimes I’m a slow learner), mowed a lawn with my grandson for the first time (he’s two), and solved a Perplexus puzzle for the first time!

I can’t wait to see what’s new in 2017!

Tell me about your year. What did you do or learn how to do for the first time?

Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus!

Happy Running!
- Carol aka Running Granny Green
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment