Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Rist Roller Gets a Thumbs Up!


I’m excited to share a new gadget with you. When I came across the Rist Roller on Twitter, I wanted to try it out. I am always looking for a better, quicker, or easier way to recover from a long run or endurance challenge like the Grand Teton Relay. (More about the relay in a future post.) I have become an advocate for massage therapy and often use gadgets like the TheraCane, the Stick, or a tennis ball to work the kinks out of tight muscles. Rist Roller is another tool in my recovery arsenal.

Things I like about the Rist Roller:

·         Size: I tried the mini firm foam roller. It is small and lightweight measuring 5 ¾” x 1 ½”. It is easy to stash in your purse or gym bag so you can always have it with you.

·         Ease of use: Unlike the Theracane or Stick, Rist Roller is operated with one hand, wrist, or foot making it easy to use while watching a movie, riding in a crowded vehicle, or working at your computer desk.

·         Best for: Rolling out sore quadriceps, heels, arches, calves, and upper back.

·         Try this: Place the Rist Roller vertically between a chair back and your tight trapezius muscles and gently sway upper body from right to left.  It’s easier than using a tennis ball.

Although it is marketed for hands and wrists, the Rist Roller is great for athletes, too. I am please with its convenience and versatility. Rist Roller has found its place in my collection of recovery tools.


Get your Rist Roller by visiting their website.

Follow Rist Roller on Twitter and Instagram.


Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus!

Happy Running!
Carol - aka Running Granny Green
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment