Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Lunch at Capitol Cellars is a treat!


Capitol Cellars' Crème Brulee
I know it isn’t Food Friday nor does this post include a recipe, but I just had to give a quick report on my lunch today! Some of my besties and I have been planning a lunch date to Capitol Cellars in downtown Boise.  It was recently opened by friends from Parma and one of the servers is a former member of our cross country team.  Naturally we were curious about the new business, the menu, the atmosphere, etc.  We also wanted to cast our vote of support and say “Hey” to our running friend.
Capitol Cellars did not disappoint. I had the Parma Sandwich and shoestring French fries. It was delicious! The besties had the Prime Rib Sandwich and the Ways and Means (gourmet mac and cheese). They were also satisfied and satiated.

We couldn’t resist trying one of their decadent desserts.  We opted for the crème brulee.  I would drive back for only the crème brulee!

The service was arm and friendly, the food was excellent, and the atmosphere was cool and relaxed. I recommend a lunch date there in the near future.

Capitol Cellars is located at 110 S 5th St, Boise, ID 83702.  It’s downstairs!  If you go and your waitress is Lauren, tell her Running Granny Green sent you - you know, the lady that bakes the best cookies ever!

Happy Running!

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment