Wednesday, July 20, 2016

3 Blogs for Runners by Runners



Since I began running in 2007, I have gained an enormous network of friends and supporters. Runners have proven to be my best cheerleaders. I think we (runners) like to encourage one another because we all know how hard it can be to keep moving forward and because we also know how difficult it is to explain our habit to non-runners. I would like to share with you three blogs I enjoy that are written for runners by runners. I asked each of them to tell me their #1 reason to run. Their reasons are not very different than my own!

The Runner Dad, Matt, has some great advice on becoming a Morning Runner, as well as interviews with top athletes you are sure to recognize whether or not you are a runner.

Matt explains, “My #1 reason for running is for my 2 boys. I want to be a shining example to them, showing them how important it is to stay fit and work towards achieving goals and dreams.”

@Marathoner , Mark, began running in 2006. Enjoy his variety of “top 10 posts” as he celebrates ten years of running. Read about his 10 Favorite Running Shoes. His story is inspiring. He made a life change and hasn’t looked back!

Mark said, “I run because I am obsessed with finish lines and each one I cross teaches me how to achieve goals, no matter what obstacles, in all areas of life. I started running to quit smoking in 2006 and I run to stay healthy and live long for my family.”

Coach Debbie Runs offers tips on running and blogging. Her recent post, Running Against Time: 6 Ways to Hold Off the Inevitable, explains why our times slow after a few years and how to slow down the decline.

Debbie’s short answer to why she runs is, “The reason from my head is that it keeps me healthy, lean(ish), and strong. My heart, though, says I just run because it makes me feel good. It makes me happy.” You can find her longer, more detailed explanation in Why I Run.

As for me? My number one reason is also difficult to pin point. I suppose it depends on the day. I run to relieve stress. I run to ward off genetic health risks. I run to ski. Mostly, I run because it is the exercise program I have found that works for me. I have few excuses not to run, and so I run.

Stop by these three blogs written by runners for runners, The Runner Dad, @Marathoner, and Coach Debbie Runs, and give them some love! They are sure to encourage you on your path to better health!

Do you have a favorite running blogger? Please share their blog link in the comments below.

Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus!

Carol - aka Running Granny Green
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me! I can't wait to check out Mark's and Matt' blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! I'm glad I found you. Thanks for stopping by and keep up the good work!

      Delete