Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A short rundown of the year.


I can’t end the year without reviewing some of my running experiences throughout 2013.  It was a year of firsts for me!

·         It was the first time my daughter and I competed in the same half marathon.  She beat me, of course!

·         I won a pair of running shoes at a race! (Not because I was fast.  Lucky ticket number!)

·         It was the first time I have had a sweatshirt with the words “Coach Green” on the back.

·         I left flesh on the pavement during a workout – for the first and hopefully last time.

·         The first time I went for a run in Jackson Hole,WY.

·         The first time I had someone recognize me and say, “You’re gonna think I’m weird, but you are Running Granny Green!”  Thanks Jodi!

·         First iPhone which translates to, “First time tracking a workout on MapMyRun.”

There are certainly more, but this is the first time I have posted on New Year’s Eve and I think it’s time to start the celebration!

Have a Happy and Safe New Year!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to finally meet you!! Here is to a great new year of running!!

    ReplyDelete