Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's a Rest Day


The grass is always greener.
 
Rest days or cross training days are built in to race training schedules.  Instead of running every day, or three to four days in a row, training schedules only have you run three to four days per week.  Somehow, the weather seems to know which days are running days and which days are rest days.  It likes to blow and drizzle on running days.
Today was a rest day.  Of course, the sun was shining and the wind was still this afternoon!
 
If I were not training, I would have felt pressure to run today and I may have found ways to talk myself out of it.  Because it was a rest day (and the weather was nice) I had a desire to run, but … it WAS a rest day. If I din't run, what would I post on A Mile for My Heart?

Why is it that when we can’t have something, we want it more?  We aren’t hungry until we begin a diet.  In the summer 65 degrees is too hot indoors and we need air conditioning.  In winter 65 degrees is too cold.  I suppose it’s human nature, but I think it is something we should work on.  So … I am going to attempt to enjoy the rest days and embrace the running days, because I am sure to miss them both when it is not their turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment