Monday, July 23, 2012

Distracted Training


After recovering from the High Desert Trail Run, it was time to gear up for the Spudman Triathlon in Burley this weekend.  I only have to do the 10K run leg.  My high school buddy and forever friend, Paulee, will be swimming and biking.  I figured I could handle the 10K after doing half marathon training – I just needed to scale back my training and keep at it.

I’ve had a few distractions. 










I opted to do elevation training last week.  I packed my running shoes and even my road bike for a trip to McCall.  What is my definition of elevation training?

Lounge around for a few days at a higher elevation than where you normally train. (I never laced up those shoes nor did I hop on my bike.)

That’s about the size of it.  I did run Will’s hill on Saturday, but now it is time to taper before the race this Saturday!  I thought about extending my two-mile run to three this morning, but talked myself into following the training plan.  That doesn’t make a lot of sense, since I didn’t follow it while my company was here!  However, I had my first running induced nosebleed at the end of two miles, so I guess the training plan worked.  I think the dry weather is actually responsible for my nose, but it sounds more exciting to say I ran so hard I made it bleed.

The distractions left yesterday and that is sad. I have another 3-4 mile run planned for Wednesday and then it’s back to hydrating and carbo loading.  I hope I can hold up my end of the deal in Burley …

No comments:

Post a Comment