Thursday, April 10, 2014

Training time

Busted SpudmanTrophies!
It's time to start training for races.  That means sticking with prescribed mileage and timing my runs.  I've been postponing it, but next week will be twelve weeks prior to a half marathon.  It's time to get serious.  I'm preparing for the Fit for Life Half in July.  There will be a couple of 5K's thrown in there in the meantime like THIS ONE.  The half marathon is actually in preparation for two other races that I am planning for this summer. 

This will be my third year competing with my good buddy, Paulee, in the Burley Spudman Triathlon.  This one is special because I get to do it as a team with one of my longest (I don't want to say oldest anymore) friends.  It is a little bit about competing, a lot about companionship, and even more about the silly trophies.

The second race is going to be crazy!  It will be my first relay and I picked THIS ONE!  I am still trying to coerce team members into participating.  I need two more runners, but I think I have a couple in my back pocket if some don't come forth.  The Grand Teton Relay is a 12 person 180 mile race over a 24 hour period.  Did I mention the altitude?  Let's just say it's about 5000 feet higher than my current residence.  Oh, yeah.

It's all good, right?  I mean, after all, it gives me something to write about and I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment