Monday, January 7, 2013

Snow!

Finally, a snowstorm!
Finally!  I have been waiting for a snowstorm.  Not because I was so anxious to run in one, but I wanted it to warm up enough to snow so that I could stand to run outside.  I am not an indoor runner.  Give me the open road, passing cars to dodge, and an occasional barking dog to avoid and I am a happy runner. I have also been waiting for two years to try out my Yaktrax, a Christmas gift from my youngest son.

Yaktrax
It wasn't a long run, and I am sure it wasn't pretty, but it was a run none the less. (Is that supposed to be one word?)

Lucky running socks
I donned my new lucky running socks (a Christmas gift from my good buddy, Paulee), double layers on my legs and torso, headband, gloves, running tunes, hooded sweatshirt, running shoes (still sporting jingle bells from Bust Your Bells Fun Run), my Yaktrax, and off I ran!
Snowflakes stayed on my nose and eyelashes.  The Yaktrax were very effective on loose and packed snow - not so good on ice.  Who needs to run on ice, anyway?

Yaktrax Tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment