Friday, October 2, 2015

My favorite Pumpkin Recipes!

Time for Pumpkin Recipes!
It’s Food Friday and October!  That shouts, “Time for pumpkin goodies!”  Here are two of my favorite recipes.  I made the first for a family Oktoberfest celebration last night.  It was a hit.  The pumpkin cookie recipe is one I adapted from an old family recipe.  Enjoy!

This recipe is a smooth and crunchy twist on classic pumpkin pie, but you don’t have to labor over crust making!  Simply bake it in a cake pan. It’s found on my friend’s blog, DeliciousDales. Don't miss the yellow cake mix found in the directions! Visit for even more yummy pumpkin recipes.
I adapted this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from one that had been in my family for many decades.  I liked the flavor, but I am not a fan of cake-like cookies, so I changed it up a bit to make them gooier.

Pumpkin Cookies

  • 1 ½ C Shortening
  • 4 ½ C Sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 2 C Pumpkin
  • 6 ½ C Flour
  • 1 ½ tsp Salt
  • 3 tsp Baking Soda
  • 3 tsp Nutmeg
  • 3 tsp Cinnamon
  • 3 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 ½ C Chocolate Chips
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Find more of my favorite recipes HERE.

 
Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipe? Please share a link in the comments below.

Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus!

Happy Running!
Carol - aka Running Granny Green
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment