Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tuesday's Training Tip: Time to Commit


So, you’ve conquered your pride, your fear, and your worries over what to wear.  Maybe you found a buddy to run with you or you put together an awesome playlist.  You’ve logged a few miles, but the weather keeps you indoors some days, or your busy schedule prevents a run on others.  You might even be a little sore from time to time. How are you going to stay committed to this new adventure we call running?

Register for a race!  “Oh, but I’ve just begun and I am not fast enough to run a race.  I don’t think I can run 3.1 miles.” I’ve got some news for you …

·         Nobody cares if you are not fast. They are just glad you are participating.  Runners are cool like that – they want everyone to share in the fun.
·         (Secret) Most races are “Fun Runs.”  You can walk if you need!
·         Paid registration will keep you committed and keep you running on a regular basis.
·         That little worry you have about not being fast enough? It will motivate you to push yourself.
So commit to a fun run or other fitness challenge like a triathlon and run on!  You are going to be glad you did.
Learn about some of my Favorite Races.
Visit this page every Tuesday for more training tips! I would love to hear from you. Comment below or message me on Facebook.
Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus!
Happy Running!


Carol - aka Running Granny Green
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment