Monday, September 7, 2026

Frito Corn Salad the Green Way

 Frito Corn Salad the Green Way

Frito Corn Salad with Jalapenos
Frito Corn Salad the Green Way

I think I ate more chips during the last six years of my husband’s career than in all my

prior years combined. His employment with Frito Lay introduced me to a wider world of

corn chips and potato chips. I had no idea there were so many choices!  Occasionally, I

even ate them with vegetables. Here is one way to do that.

You can find recipes for Frito Corn Salad on the internet, but this version is preferred at our house.

2 cans whole kernel corn - drained

2 cups grated cheese (We like the colby/jack combos from Costco or Sam’s club)

½ cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup sour cream

½ - 1 cup red bell pepper - chopped

1 -2 jalapenos - chopped (These little guys vary in heat, so I start with one and

add more if they aren’t too hot.)

½ cup red onion - finely chopped

10-ounce bag of Chili Cheese Fritos Corn Chips - coarsely crushed

Combine the vegetables, mayonnaise and sour cream and chill to allow flavors to meld. Prior to serving, add grated cheese and corn chips. (This allows the cheese to stay firm and the chips to remain crunchy. If you expect to have leftovers, it’s a good idea to allow individuals to add their own chips - again, for the purpose of maintaining crunch!)

For the more delicate palate, use green bell peppers in place of the jalapenos and Original Fritos Corn Chips.

This salad looks and tastes like a fiesta in your mouth! Serve it up as a side dish with burgers, BBQ, or fried chicken. 


Do you have a favorite Running Granny Green recipe? I would love to hear about it.

Find more of my favorite recipes HERE


Question: Do you have a recipe to share?  Comment below.

Running Granny Green encourages women, especially grandmothers, to gain greater fitness by providing tips and inspiration to insure long years of joyful grand-parenting. The cookie recipes are a bonus!


Happy Running!
- Carol aka Running Granny Green

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment